Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Patience

I went to a yoga class yesterday with a calming instructor I've known for awhile.  Her theme for last night was patience, we did a lot of balance poses focusing on our patience to move into the pose.  Besiede teh accomplishment of holding the challenging poses, she wanted us to practice patience in our daily life.  She reminded us that we shouldn't be anxious for the "end result" instead we should embrace the journey because that is what our life really is: a journey not a race to the finish line. 
I am trying to keep this thought in the front of my mind, reminding me to embrace this part of my journey.  Sometimes I am anxious and ready for the next phase to start, but I should embrace this calming period.  I should cherish this quiet, peaceful time, for in the near future it could be changing.  
Thoughts:
Cherish an early bedtime, as it allows me to focus better during the day.
Soak up a morning focused on self development, these small moments in the morning do provide motivation and clarity.
Enjoy this moderate schedule,as it has already provided new opportunities (sprint triathalon, traveling, experimenting in the kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment