Monday, October 17, 2011

Chocolate Covered Oreos

Please note: I did manage to upload the cinnamon raisin bagel picture onto the older post. Last week, I made full recipe of everything bagels and a half recipe of cinnamon raisin, from A Bread Baker's Apprentice.  With some of the cinnamon raisin made as "decadent"...translation: after baking, dipped in melted butter and covered with cinnamon-sugar mixture.  I love these, some without a pronounced sweet tooth may not.

My goal for today is Chocolate Covered Oreos.  If I get creative, I'm thinking white chocolate or mint chocolate drizzles.  These will be enjoyed at home and going off in care packages to my girlfriends. 

I had requests this weekend for dark and milk chocolate covered oreos.  I think I have bags of both in the pantry, so hopefully I'll get them done.  I'm trying to think about packaging these...my thought is small pieces of wax paper between the cookies to keep them from sticking, and hopefully not melting in transit.  We'll see....

************
Other Blogs:
It's that time of year again, the month leading up to National Bundt Cake day.  Mary over at The Food Librarian does such a good job with this.  Please check out her blog today, and for the next 30 days, she is celebrating her 3rd anniversary of Bundt cake month.  Bundt inspiration abounds!  I promise to present some bundts here in celebration of Nov 15, National Bundt Cake Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment